Investigation and remediation
Millions of storage tank systems in the U.S. contain petroleum, agrichemical, or hazardous substances regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Many of these underground storage tanks (UST's) / aboveground storage tanks (AST's) have leaked in the past or are currently leaking.
Therefore, we maintain a thorough knowledge of current Local, State and Federal clean-up regulations. Including:
- Brownfields Legislation
- Tiered Approach to Corrective Action Objectives (TACO) in Illinois.
- Missouri Risk-Based Corrective Action (MRBCA) Process
- Technical Standards and Corrective Action Requirements for Iowa.
Utilizing our well-experienced engineers, registered geologists and registered groundwater professionals on staff, our goal is to complete all projects in a cost efficient way for our clients, while meeting all applicable regulatory requirements.
investigation and remediation services
- Providing soil and/or water sampling and analysis for investigation and remediation activities.
- Assisting to determine the appropriate site specific cleanup objectives.
- Assisting in preparation of the required documentation for Local, State and Federal agencies.
- Preparing relevant documents and applications for the proposed remediation measures.
- Providing detailed remedial design and remediation coordination and oversight.
- Preparing site closure reports and Licensed Professional Engineer (LPE) certification pending achievement of appropriate cleanup objectives.
Evaluation and Design
We can also help you meet the ever-changing state and federal regulations by providing alternative designs to existing systems such as retrofitting existing storage tank systems or designing new tank installations to meet the specific needs of each client. Those services include:
- Evaluate and design new tank installations and existing tank upgrades.
- Develop spill response (SPCC) plans.Prepare applications for NPDES discharge permits.
- Prepare contractual documents and coordinate activities between the Owner and the Contractor.
*Klingner & Associates, P.C. services do not include actual construction and installation of storage tank systems or Emergency Response relating to mitigation of fire, explosion and vapor hazards.