- Visit sites to inspect, observe, and document potential sources of pollution, environmental hazards, and / or regulatory violations.
- Accurately collect samples of air, water, soil, or hazardous materials on-site to assess environmental conditions.
- Use, calibrate, and maintain special equipment to measure pollutants and contaminants.
- Gather relevant measurements and data for assessment purposes.
- Monitor and assess environmental conditions to ensure compliance with regulations and promote sustainable practices.
- Process and interpret data using computer software.
- Write clear and concise reports and summaries of the tests performed, the findings, and recommendations.
- Investigate potential asbestos hazards and translate field-collected data into a report.
- Complete field investigations and administrative tasks for leaking underground storage tank projects.
- Accomplish tasks required for permitting within Illinois and Missouri.
- Collaborate with engineers to support environmental protection efforts and ensure that clients are operating in environmentally safe and sustainable manners while following department and office standards and procedures.
- Implement Klingner safety protocol within the field.
NOTE: This position is full-time and will be part of the Environmental Department.