Entry-Level Landscape Architect Requirements & Responsibilities
The candidate will support our team by providing research, preliminary design drawings, construction documents, and presentation graphics. A passion for design, willingness to learn, willingness to collaborate within a team, and exceptional communication skills are essential to be effective in this role.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in the following:
- Proficient with AutoCAD and presentation software
- Ability to review and analyze GIS data and field data collection
- Demonstrated ability to create presentation graphics utilizing electronic media (drawing, image editing, and / or 3D animation) using computer and / or hand generated sketches
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Ability to evaluate site conditions and apply findings to the design
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse project team
- Translate ideas from sketches, plans, specifications, and written / verbal instruction into complete and accurate construction documents
- Understand and apply Department standards and procedures
- Organize, prioritize, and independently perform work assignments
- Support multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
- Understanding of construction means and methods (construction detailing, assembling drawings, etc.)
- A four-year degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university is required.