Geotechnics is a division of Klingner & Associates PC. Our engineers have extensive experience in providing a wide range of construction services, from total project management to soil compaction testing on small building projects.
Our geotechnical staff are capable of serving the entire tri-state region within a 100mi radius of the closest branch office. Our services promote communication with the Contractor, and a defined level of quality control. Our firm is prequalified by the Illinois, Iowa and Missouri Departments of Transportation to perform construction inspection. Staff members are trained in:
- Construction staking
- Soil, aggregate, asphalt and concrete testing
- Nuclear moisture/density gauge use
- Environmental sampling.
Our staff utilize construction procedures and standards of the American Society of Testing Materials, the American Concrete Institute, applicable State Transportation Departments, and other agencies as appropriate.
Drilling, sampling and coring services include:
- Soil Drilling and split spoon sampling
- Rock drilling and rock coring
- Soil Probing and sample coring
- Concrete and asphalt coring
Laboratory testing services include:
- Soil –shear strength, consolidation, index properties, classification, grain size, permeability, moisture-density tests, aggregate quality tests
- Concrete-compressive strength, flexural strength, cylinder and beam molding, slump, air content and temperature tests
- Asphalt testing-Marshall mix designs, stability and flow testing, extraction and gradation
USACE Validated Material Testing Services
ASTM C40, C117, C127, C128, C136, C566, C702 and D75.
ASTM D979, D2726, D2950, D3203, D3665, D3666, E329, and CRD-C650.
ASTM C31, C39, C138, C143, C172, C231, C1064, C78, C157, C174, C192, C403, C470, C496, C511, C617, C803, C823, C1040, C1077, C1231, and E329.
Masonry, Mortar & Grout Tests:
ASTM C780, and C1019.
ASTM D3967, D5313, and D5878.
ASTM D421, D422, D558, D698, D854, D1140, D1556, D1557, D2166, D2216, D2487, D2488, D3740, D4220, D4318, D4643, D6938, E605, E736, and E329.